- Click the Edit link to go to the Email Editor. Remove the sample image by clicking the trash can icon under the Layers window.
- Click the Open button, choose the option Upload From Computer, and upload your selected image.
- Click the Resize option from the sidebar, and change the image’s height to be 285 px (height will change depending on what image you’re replacing). Click the Resize button when you’re done.
- Click the Crop option, change the width and height of the cropping area (like 285 x 285 px), and click the Crop button.
- Click the Save button, and your resized image will replace the sample image.
Usually, when you upload an image to an email template, it will automatically be cropped and resized to fit the Splash image’s size constraints. However, when you try to replace some of the smaller splash images, their cropping and resizing can be a little off.
By using the Image Editor to resize and crop the small splash image, you can easily avoid this issue, and ensure that your photo is perfectly centered.
Instead of clicking the Replace button, click the Edit link to be taken to the Image Editor. The sample image will appear in the editing area, but it will be removed by clicking the trash can icon under the Layers window.
Click the Open button, and if your selected image is on your desktop, select the option Upload From Computer. Once you find your image and click “Open,” your image will automatically upload into the editing area.
Now that we have our image that will replace the Featured Image Small placeholder, select the Resize option and change the image’s height to be 285 (the width right now is not important). Make sure that the checkbox next to “Maintain Aspect Ratio” is checked, and click the Resize button once you are done.
Select the Crop option on the left side of the Image Editor, which will cause a crop tool to appear, as well as a window displaying the tool’s width and height. Make sure that the width and height of the crop tool is 285 x 285, and center it against the image. Click the Crop button to make the final change to your image.
Click the Save button on the top right corner of the window, and you will automatically exit the Image Editor. Your edited image will also replace the email’s placeholder image.
That covers how you can easily edit an image to fit the smaller-sized placeholder images.