- A my.hy.ly email template on is made up of email slices. These slices can be duplicated or moved to easily customize the email’s structure. Email slices are what you will be editing under when you are creating an email campaign.
- Each email slice is made up of sections, which make up each specific slice type. For example, your email’s Body slice will have different sections than your Splash slice.
- Under each section, there are several fields, which contain the content you can edit. These fields can be for URLs, images, logos, or text.
An Email has many Slices
Look at it this way: an email template is made up of several email slices, which serve as the building blocks of an email template.
If you hover over an email slice, you will notice several actions you can do to the slice. These actions include:
- Editing the slice’s title
- Duplicating the slice
- Moving the slice to a different position in the email template
- Deleting the slice (we do not recommend using this action unless a slice is not being used in the email at all)
Each Slice has many Sections
There is much more to slices, however. If we go a little bit deeper and click on an email slice, like Body for example, you will see that there are several sections that make up this one slice.
Sections are areas of content that are grouped together and make up specific types of email slices. While the Body slice will have sections such as Title, Full Body, and Call To Action Button…
…a different email slice like Splash will have sections like Feature Image Large, Splash Left Image, and Splash Right Image.
Each Section has many Fields
Clicking on any of the slice’s section will expand that section and show its fields. These fields are what you will edit and customize when creating a new email. Fields can host text, images, URL links, and can customize certain colors, widths and heights.
Hiding & Showing Sections
Like the email slices, there are several actions that can be done to a section. Although there is an action to delete a section (the trash can icon), we do not recommend that you click on this. Instead, sections should be hidden, which is done by clicking on the eye icon.
Clicking on an “open” eye icon will make a section go from being visible on the email to being hidden. Likewise, clicking on a “closed” eye icon will make a hidden section become visible on the email. For example, if you wanted to use Feature Image Small instead of Feature Image Large, click the eye icon next to Feature Image Small to make it appear on your email. Then, click the eye icon next to Feature Image Large so its section is hidden.
Editing an Image
To replace any of the placeholder image on an email template, click the Replace button located to the right of the image thumbnail, and upload the image you want in its place.
Quick Note: Make sure that you image fits the size restraints. To learn about how you can resize images in the Email Editor, click this tutorial link here.
Editing a Body – HTML and Raw mode
An email’s body text can be edited by simply replacing the text under the Full Body section. If you are planning on using copy-and-paste text in the field, click on the HTML icon ( < / > ) so no unwanted HTML tags appear on the actual email.
Quick Note: To learn more about editing text with the HTML mode, click this tutorial link here.
As you can see, all of your email content can be easily customized in the hyMail editor. If you want to make massive changes to your template, talk to us, and we will create a custom template based on your company and property branding guidelines.