- Make sure your spreadsheet is saved as a CSV file, and has columns labeled Email, Prospect Status, and Resident Status.
- Go to the sub-org that will have its leads uploaded, and click on its Lead app.
- Select the option Import / Export from the Leads sidebar.
- Click the Select File button under the section Step 1: Upload CSV. After making sure that the numbers in the pop-up match the rows and fields of your spreadsheet, click the Looks good button.
- Map out the Essential Fields under the section Step 2: Map Fields.
- Once all of the Essential Fields are filled out, type in your email address in the Email field and click the Load File button.
- When you receive the confirmation email, click the link to go to the property Leads page.
Make sure that you have a spreadsheet that can be saved as a CSV file, with all of your prospects entered in. It should have the following columns: Email / Email Address, Prospect Status, and Resident Status.
Quick Note: if you are working in Google Spreadsheets (like in the above screenshot), click on “File,” go to “Download As,” and then select ”Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet)” to export your spreadsheet as a CSV file.
Once you have downloaded your CSV file, go to your my.hy.ly account. Select which sub-org you want to upload leads to, and click on its Lead app.
Click on the App Menu and select the option “Import / Export” from the dropdown sidebar. This is where you will be importing your leads.
Click the Select File button under the section marked Step 1: Upload CSV. Find your CSV file, and select it to be uploaded onto your database.
After you select your CSV file, a pop-up widget will appear to verify the rows and fields on your spreadsheet. The rows indicate the number of lead entries you have, plus one for the field labels. The fields indicate how many columns of data are in the spreadsheet.
If everything matches up with your imported spreadsheet, click the Looks good button. If you notice any errors with the numbers, click the Let me restart button and make any necessary corrections.
Before your leads are fully imported from the spreadsheet, we have to match the data under the section, Step 2: Map Fields. This way, the data from the fields in the spreadsheet can be easily imported into your Leads database.
Using the illustrated diagram below, fill out the following fields in order to successfully import your leads file:
Quick Note: Leave all of the fields under the section labeled Non-Essential Fields blank, specifically if your CSV file does not contain the names of your prospects.
After you fill out the Essential Fields, go to the next section located at the bottom of the page, Step 3: Load Lead. Type in your email address in the field so you are notified when the database is updated with your list. After that, click the Load File button.
Check your inbox for the confirmation email, which will take about a minute or so. Once you receive it, click the link either at the bottom of the Import / Export page, or the email’s “Click here” link. You will be redirected to the property’s Leads page, showcasing the batch number of newly uploaded leads.
You can use the search bar at the top of the page to filter your leads according to their resident or prospect status.
All right, now you know how to import your leads list to a property.